Monday 26 April 2010

So it is Monday morning.... i cut myself shaving this morning, last major cut was in December 2009, day after Christmas! Typical... there is never a good time to cut yourself shaving...

But anyway enough with bodily fluids. I had the most interesting Saturday; I have been a father now for over 2.5 years HOWEVER, we never truly had a whole day together, or at least the most productive part of the day together. And it just happened on Saturday and for once I realised how blessed I am, albeit a cliche it is true. And I also realised that when BOTH parents are involved at the same time, taking care of a toddler is in fact a lot harder. One-on-one it is a different story. He was on a grand behaviour. We went to IKEA bought shelves and napkins and plastic plates and goodies from the FoodMarket. We drove around and laughed, went home and played with his new play-doh and electric make-belief drill/screwdriver... he never falls asleep with me in the afternoon so when tiredness got the better of us, we went to the car and drove some more. He was asleep in 5min. Why am I talking about all this? Well I think I want it documented... and I want to remember that that was a day to be treasured, of course he will not remember but I will. I am grateful!

And I m grateful for this week coming up because once again we are at the start of something. And I want to explore this new angle, but above all I want to write this week. Ideas are starting to overflow again, beginnings and middles are ready to be deposited on paper... and stripped, explored, altered and developed... it is time again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

There is not much to say that is not covered in my posts... this blog was created because, well because writing has been a passion of mine and communicating is high up there on the list too...